Westland Bone Meal is a naturally-sourced feed where nutrients are taken up efficiently due to longer periods of release in the soil. It has Nitrogen to support green growth, Calcium to keep your plant both healthy and strong and Phosphorus for your roots to grow bigger and stronger.
Bone Meal is perfect for maintaining trees and shrubs, but is also great for hedges and even root vegetables.
- Easy to use
- Ideal for trees & shrubs
- Promotes strong & healthy rooting
- Greener, healthier foliage
- NPK 3-9-0
Westland Bone Meal Plant Food 1.5kg
Apply every 4-6 weeks throughout the growing season from February until the end of October. For best results the granules should be worked into the soil. During dry weather, water before and after application.
How to Use
One handful of Bone Meal is about 35g (1¼ oz)
You can apply Bone Meal every 4-6 weeks to sustain good soil fertility.
Trees and Shrubs – Established plants
Apply 135g/sq. m (5oz/sq. yd) around the base. Gently fork into the soil surface without disturbing the roots. Alternatively, sprinkle the product over the soil surface, around the stem of the plant and water in well.
Trees and Shrubs – New plantings
Apply 135g/sq. m (5oz/sq. yd) to the bottom of the planting hole and mix well with soil or compost when refilling the hole.
Apply 135g/sq. m (5oz/sq. yd) to the soil surface and fork in. Take care that the granules do not touch the plant leaves or stems.
Water in well after application.
Apply 70g/sq. m (2 ½ oz/sq. yd) as a top dressing to the soil surface and work in well.
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use. Gloves are recommended when handling this product
- Land where the product has been applied should not be used for grazing or cropping for feedingstuffs within the following periods (a) (two months in the case of pigs; and (b) three weeks in the case of other farm animals
- Children and pets can continue to use treated areas immediately after application. Some dogs may be attracted to eat the product, to avoid this we recommend mixing well with the soil.